Are you feeling uneven cooling and heating in your room? Then you must consider installing an air vent deflector in your HVAC system. Sometimes the efficiency of the HVAC system decreases, and it leads to uneven distribution of temperature throughout the residence. Air vent deflectors or diverters are the perfect solutions for this problem.
Basics of Vent Deflectors
Air vent deflectors, also known as air vent diverters, are accessories that fit over the HVAC openings of your residence. Their basic function is to redirect the air to the corner of the house according to the need. You can fully control the airflow according to your requirement if you have the deflectors installed.
These deflectors are typically made of plastic. You can find aluminum cast vents in the market as well, and they will obviously be more durable than plastic ones. An efficient diverter will conserve more energy and thus increase the longevity of your home’s HVAC system. If you have any room that is rarely used, you should go for a floor air vent deflector for that room. It will keep the airflow normal even if the doors and windows of the room are closed.
Do Vent Deflectors Really Efficient?
Yes, vent deflectors are efficient enough. Besides that, they are quite easy to operate. You do not need any technical knowledge to increase the potential of your HVAC system. However, you need to do a little maintenance work to keep up the efficiency of the diverters.
In Which Situation Vent deflectors are most effective?
- Over Appliances- If you are using any hot appliance in your room, it may hamper the temperature of the rest of the room, even if it has a vent on top of it. Using a vent deflector here will ensure the air quality and ventilation of the rest of the room.
- Underneath Furniture- A lot of residences have vents on the floor, which are oddly placed. Most of the time, these vents are covered by furniture. As a result, the ventilation of the room will be badly affected. Here you can use the floor air vent deflector to keep the airflow intact in your room.
- In Unused or Rarely Used Rooms- Sometimes, homeowners tend to close all the vents of an unused or rarely used room. As a result, the airflow of the room stops, and it hampers the HVAC system of the entire house. You can use the floor vent deflector in these types of rooms to keep the movement of the air in the room.
- Beside Thermostats- If you have a vent just beside your thermostat device, it may hamper its reading. As a result, you might notice an increment in your electricity consumption. By installing vent deflectors near thermostats, you can keep hot or cold air away from it. It will help you to get the true reading of the thermostat.
- If there is a Draft- Some corners of your building may experience uneasy drafts at certain times over the year. You can install the air vent deflectors there to enjoy a pleasant and comfortable stay throughout the year.
Benefits of a Vent Deflector
By now, you already know how an air vents deflector works and where you should install it to get the best possible outcome. But there may be a little dilemma in your mind about how beneficial they are. To clarify that here are some key factors-
- Consistent Airflow- If the ventilation of your room is not proper, then you may get an uneasy feeling throughout your stay. Besides this, trapped air makes the surroundings unhygienic. If you have air vent diverters installed in your room, you and your loved ones have a pleasant stay all year round.
- Higher Air Quality- It’s not only air circulation that benefits from air deflectors; the overall quality of the air also increased because of it. You must be wondering, how is this even possible, right?
Well, when you have a vent just above a hot appliance, all the heat of that device is not going to pass through it. Some of the extra heat being distributed in your room hinders the temperature and overall quality of the air.
- Lower Energy Consumption and Better Efficiency- One major reason for installing air vent diverters is that it is going to help you save money. The deflectors will work to maximize the overall efficiency of your HVAC system. And we all know better efficiency equals less money. Isn’t it a great deal?
- More Comfort- Finally, you will enjoy sheer comfort if your HVAC unit is equipped with an air vent deflector. It is the kind of accessories which you can control according to your temperature needs. So bid adieu to those discomfort days.
How to choose a proper Air Deflector for you
There are a lot of brands available on the market which offer a wide range of deflectors according to your needs. But the foremost thing you need to consider before selecting one is the size of the vent and the product’s material. If you want a durable and long-lasting product, you can go for the aluminum cast material. Or else you can choose the plastic material as a cost-effective option.
And the best part of these air deflectors is they are quite easy to install, and there is absolutely no need for technical knowledge of operating them. You can opt for handcrafted products as well. It will give a very aesthetic look to your interior home decor.
As you have gone through the entire article, you must have learned all the basics about air deflectors. This is the device by which you can maximize the output of your building’s HVAC in an effortless way. Besides all the facilities it provides, it also plays a key role in increasing the overall look of your household. So, if you are having an uncomfortable stay for a long time, it’s time to consider installing a vent deflector in your house.